POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : To The POV-Team to consider : Re: To The POV-Team to consider Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:08:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To The POV-Team to consider
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 22 Oct 2003 09:44:16
Message: <3f9689b0@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> Now stop being childish.

Childish? You are the one who doesn't accepts reality.

> If you have a complaint about how Warp has
> treated you, this is not the way to go about it. Warp's message was
> informative and straightforward, not insulting or offensive, and
> certainly didn't deserve this sort of response. Warp doesn't deserve the
> impression you give of him, either.

"There's nothing bad in quoting only partially when only the relevant
part needs to be quoted. However, it's not ok to rely only on the quoted
text without reading the whole original article. That's not only impolite,
it's also stupid."

"The master programmer speaks again..."

You are WAAYY TOO WRONG my friend on this one, i think is exactly the
way he is behaving. Maybe is not his natural state and had a bad day,
but any way he should apologize to Bill and the others he offended. Is
the right thin to do.

> And as for "And for the POV-Team to consider, not you!", Warp is a
> member of the POV-Ray TAG. One of the functions of the TAG is to serve
> as public representatives of the POV-Team. Aside from giving assistence
> to users of the program, we filter out useless stuff and bring important
> information to the attention of the POV Team. You have not given any
> reasons that would make J worth the time to look at. Warp was simply
> doing his job as a TAG member.

Ok, i was wrong on this, i APOLOGIZE for this. See... is not that hard
to write it. Warp, are you seeing this?

Any way, the programmers and the one who has the last word about a
computer language are the ones who use them, so i consider that the ones
who should judge this is The POV-Team. I don't know anything about this
language, i found it googleing The Net, i thought it would be of some
interest and maybe i could help the POV-Team, that is why i wrote "to
consider" not as a "must program in this language".

All this mess just because an TAG member is TOO GOOD to apologize, you
know pride is a weakness not strenght.